Miva Merchant 5 - Image Directory Listing Not Showing.

Need help with FileZilla Client? Something does not work as expected? In this forum you may find an answer.

Moderator: Project members

aug
500 Command not understood
First name: aug
Last name: cast

Miva Merchant 5 - Image Directory Listing Not Showing.

#1 Post by aug » 2009-01-19 15:16

I'm having problems with a Miva Merchant 5 store of which the shopping cart stores all the product images in a directory named ../../graphics/000000001

The owner needs the ability to log in thru FTP and remove all old product images, no longer in use for their store. However once they logged on, they can see only see around 1,998 of their image files, any files above this limit never return in the directory listing?

I'm wondering if this is a Hosting, or Zilla option. I've gone thru Zilla's options to check if there is a "return amount" limit. I've also contacted the hosting company to see if there is a set limit that they will return, to avoid possible lag. But was told they have no limit?

Am I missing an option or configuration? I've tried the force "show hidden" files in Zilla but still do not get a return of all files inside the directory....

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

boco
Contributor

Re: Miva Merchant 5 - Image Directory Listing Not Showing.

#2 Post by boco » 2009-01-19 19:32

This is an FTP server limit. Many hosters truncate directory listings to 2000 files to avoid bandwith hogging. So you'll see only 1998 files (plus the two directory enties '.' and '..').

Enable Raw directory listings in Filezilla's Debug settings. Check the raw list returned. If it only contains the 2000 files then the server doesn't send more. And it's no option, meaning you can't turn it off.

Filezilla has and will never contain any limit. You can check yourself, the full sources are available.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org