No votes

Total votes: 11

smartness
504 Command not implemented
First name: Fatih
Last name: Ibrahimi

Feature Req: Multiple Sites in TABS (in one filezilla) *VOTE

#1 Post by smartness » 2008-05-27 13:09

Before i started using filezilla i used ws-ftp (i dont remember the exact name), and i liked the feature where you can open multiple sites, in tabs (like IE 7 & Mozilla firefox)...

If i want to open two sites at once, i have to open two filezilla programs, and switch between them, and thats not very comfortable...

So i hope you guys from the dev. team, think about this, and include it in the next versions of filezilla...

and yeah, plz vote and reply and tell me if I am Right or NOT?!!

THANKS

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Feature Req: Multiple Sites in TABS (in one filezilla) *VOTE

#2 Post by botg » 2008-05-27 14:52

I voted yes. Now if only I had time to work on it. It's an extremely complex feature to add.

smartness

#3 Post by smartness » 2008-05-29 07:15

botg wrote:I voted yes. Now if only I had time to work on it. It's an extremely complex feature to add.
thnx man...

and could you add some buttons in the middle like in this pic:

oneduality
500 Command not understood
First name: Lonnie
Last name: Waugh

#4 Post by oneduality » 2008-06-24 12:07

I really love FileZilla but I think this is the one great features that it lacks..

My company went and bought WSFTP professional which can't stand compared to FileZilla, but the multiple tabs are great.. quite often we need to migrate a site from one ftp server to another and it's wonderful to open one remote site in the left pane and another in the right, then just copy from server to server directly rather than download the whole thing locally, wait till it finishes, then upload ..

What would be GREAT .. is if you could not only copy from remote server to remote server, but if it maintained permissions in the event that both environments are similar.. such as copying from *nix to *nix..

I'm probably dreaming, but that would make life wonderful .. and would probably make FileZilla a much larger force to be reckoned with..

da chicken
226 Transfer OK

#5 Post by da chicken » 2008-06-24 22:04

That's called FXP (file exchange protocol). It's been requested a few times, but AFAIK there are no plans to implement it in FileZilla, although it is defined by an accepted RFC so it is always possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_eXchange_Protocol

smartness

#6 Post by smartness » 2008-08-15 10:00

so BotG anything new?

oneduality
First name: Lonnie
Last name: Waugh

#7 Post by oneduality » 2008-12-03 15:47

I want to say first of all that I love filezilla, I've been using it for years .. it's a very stable, very nice application, I honestly am appreciative of all the work.

however ...... It's a little frustrating to see the history of the multiple tabs requests

I've seen many people submit to bugtrac asking for it, some of the dev's responses are kind of rude .. I keep seeing them closed as duplicates, but there's no mention of the original submission it's a dupe of ... (I can't find one, where is it?) .. Why not hold off on the rude remarks and just reference the original bugtrac number, then close it.

The requests for this feature have been going on for over two years ... I saw the response saying that it wouldn't be easy to implement, which is a given ... but two years and a lot of requests, you'd think it would have a bit of priority, especially since overall the application is mature and stable...

I'd love to just hear yes or no from the devs that this is coming... and if so, where does it fit in on the roadmap?

EDIT:

http://forum.filezilla-project.org/view ... abs#p30714

I at least found this and it makes me feel a little better ;)

bbally
First name: Bob
Last name: Ballantyne

#8 Post by bbally » 2009-01-01 20:38

botg wrote:I voted yes. Now if only I had time to work on it. It's an extremely complex feature to add.
Thought I found a winner in Filezilla. I assume no multiple remote site tab function is forthcoming.

Downloaded to test, Nice program! Stopped by to see if it supported multiple tabs, can not afford to be without mutliple tabs.

da chicken
226 Transfer OK

#9 Post by da chicken » 2009-01-02 00:00

Tabbed sessions/MDI is NYI. That does not mean it is not planned. There is one developer for FileZilla, and he is doing it on a volunteer basis. You'll have to wait, do it yourself (it's open source), or pay someone to do it for you.