Questions -- FileZilla and DropBox

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

Wingsley
500 Command not understood

Questions -- FileZilla and DropBox

#1 Post by Wingsley » 2023-06-11 01:26

Hi!

I'm new to these forums. I've used regular (free) FileZilla for years for FTP uploads and remote file management.

On the spur of the moment, my family is doing business with an out-of-state office that needs to review some of our old records. Some of the files are scanned, multi-page documents that are too large to e-mail, and I want to share with them a pretty large amount of files, large and small. E-mail is out of the question.

Our contact at the other office sent me to link to a DropBox folder.

I want to get as much done over this weekend. Our internet connection is Verizon DSL; much faster than dial-up was in the '90s, but that's not saying much.

I have an M1 Mac Mini running MacOS Ventura. Is there anything I can do, other than just drag-and-drop, to make sure that these files get sent reliably?

I was wondering if something like FileZilla could be used, but I would have no idea how to do that.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Questions -- FileZilla and DropBox

#2 Post by botg » 2023-06-11 09:05

FileZilla Pro can connect to Dropbox. There is a free trial of FileZilla Pro on the Mac App Store. Should FileZilla Pro not fulfill your needs, make sure to unsubscribe at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period.