This isn't specifically relevant to FileZilla but...

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

Bart Read
500 Command not understood

This isn't specifically relevant to FileZilla but...

#1 Post by Bart Read » 2005-06-09 09:19

Hello,

First off, apologies for the very off-topic post.

Has anybody else noticed that for at least a week now the SourceForge website is INCREDIBLY slow. I'm often getting timeouts etc, and pages can literally take minutes to load. I'd report it directly to them but I can't get to the website to get any contact details so I'm slightly stuffed from that point of view. So the reason I'm posting here is because I wonder if any of the FileZilla project admins have some way of reporting problems to SourceForge?

I thought at first it might be a DNS issue because I just couldn't get to the site, whereas now it's just very slow. I've tried both from home and from the office with the same result (different ISPs as well). I've also checked to see whether there's any kind of filtering on our corporate firewall but there's nothing. And I've googled to see if anybody else is seeing this, but all the results I'm getting back are kind of old. I'm in the UK so I don't know if this is a problem that's just affecting our access to SourceForge or whether anybody else has seen it. I know there was recent site-wide update and that a lot of statistics were added to the site - possibly this is causing the problem?

Anyway, I'm not really expecting any kind of response to this. Just letting people know.

Many thanks,
Bart