Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

DDavis
500 Command not understood
First name: Di
Last name: Davis

Very, Very new to FTP.

#1 Post by DDavis » 2009-09-22 02:09

I am a medical transcriptionist who has downloaded work to be transcribed off of an FTP site through another company that gave me information to access that Particular FTP site and now I want to be able to tell a doctor's office where and how to use and FTP site to send me work, then I get the work of the FTP site.

aeades01
500 Command not understood
First name: Amanda
Last name: Eades

Re: Very, Very new to FTP.

#2 Post by aeades01 » 2009-09-28 20:40

Hi,
I am also a medical transcriptionist and I am looking for a way to receive dictations and send the finished ones back without using email. Did you find out anything on this. I have Gearplayer software to play the digital files but I was wondering how this FTP site and stuff works. Is there anyway to do it that is free? Please let me know what you have found out or if you have any advice.

Thanks

Stunner
226 Transfer OK
First name: A
Last name: Dog

Re: Very, Very new to FTP.

#3 Post by Stunner » 2009-10-04 04:12

Can you guys be more specific please? Generally, unless you guys are running servers on your own computers you are going to be the ones that are going to have to connect to the FTP server to get whatever files you want. When you are done, you are going to need to connect to the FTP server and upload the files you are submitting.