IE Upload

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

windpuffs
503 Bad sequence of commands

IE Upload

#1 Post by windpuffs » 2006-03-16 21:34

Hey, does anyone know how to do FTP file UPloads using IE (or any browser)? I know how to do downloads, but not uploads.

It would be useful for allowing friends who don't use FTP often enough to justify installing a Client to access my FTP Server.

Thanks for any leads!

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by eddan » 2006-03-16 21:50

Not that I've ever tried uploading with IE, but I guess you just drag files to the window. Or use CTRL+C / CTRL+V (cut/paste)...

Oh, and my guess is a Google search on how to upload FTP Internet Explorer will give you the answer :)

windpuffs
503 Bad sequence of commands

#3 Post by windpuffs » 2006-03-17 03:15

Hey, thanks, Eddan -- thanks to you I figured it out. One of the Google searches gave instructions specific to their site and uploading web pages, but I was able to extrapolate. In IE it involves > View > Explorer Bar > Folders. The folders on your computer will open on the left.

Then go to the FTP site you want to updload (or download) to by typing "ftp://IP_address:port#" into the address bar. Over on the left, in Folder View, the FTP site will be shown in IE.

Simply navigate (on the left, in folder View) to the folder you want to upload, and drag and drop it into the appropriate FTP folder.

Cool! Thanks!

(don't know that this will work in Firefox :cry: since I can't find a way to trigger "folder view"...)

computerman45
500 Command not understood

#4 Post by computerman45 » 2006-03-25 03:27

You don't need to do all that in Firefox, it will display correctly automatically. In IE, it should have done it automatically as well. Way too much work and hassle to go through all that.

You can also open up My Computer or Windows Explorer and drag and drop items to the IE window. Same for Firefox.