Predefined FTP Sites

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

QuinTessence
500 Command not understood

Predefined FTP Sites

#1 Post by QuinTessence » 2006-03-21 04:50

First, a huge THANK YOU to botg and eddan for doing such a great job. Not just with this forum, but with the software as well. You are brilliant.

I have performed a search and have not found what I am looking for, so here is my question...

Are there any 'predefined' anonymous FTP sites I can import into FZ? If so, where may I find the file? Is anyone willing to share?

Thanks in advance for your help. :D

QT

TheAngryPenguin
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2006-03-21 07:05

Wow!!! -- I had to stick in my earplugs whilst reading the above post. I can appreciate your inquiry, but most people will probably dislike having a collection of canned FTP sites listed in FileZilla's Site Manager. Maintaining such a list would be a nightmare. Have you considered querying your favorite search engine?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2006-03-21 09:45

ftp.kernel.org and ftp.gnu.org are great sources for sources ;)

QuinTessence

#4 Post by QuinTessence » 2006-03-22 04:43

TheAngryPenguin wrote:Wow!!! -- I had to stick in my earplugs whilst reading the above post. I can appreciate your inquiry, but most people will probably dislike having a collection of canned FTP sites listed in FileZilla's Site Manager. Maintaining such a list would be a nightmare. Have you considered querying your favorite search engine?
Thanks for the tip. From now on, I will speak softly and more politely. I take it you are referencing the bold text. I must have missed that rule in the forum etiquette manual. "Thank you sir, may I have another?"

Again, thank you for sharing your knowledge. What was I thinking? Why would I ever want to be different? In addition, I apologize for not being as polite and soft-spoken as an angry penguin.

Edited by eddan (changed fontsize)

QuinTessence

#5 Post by QuinTessence » 2006-03-22 05:20

botg wrote:ftp.kernel.org and ftp.gnu.org are great sources for sources ;)
Thank you for the links. I spotted those elsewhere on the site. I'm not technically minded enough to know what to do with a Linux Kernel. Guess I'll need to stay in the newbie section.