Folder Content Size

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

zillauser
500 Command not understood

Folder Content Size

#1 Post by zillauser » 2012-04-22 19:11

I have a need from early version of Filezilla that I still use, because this ability is not yet included.

On windows I can see properties of a folder and gives me the file count and overall file size of folder content. For Filezilla able to see folder properties as with windows or similar (or overall total seen on bottom bar) for all many sub folder level depths that are nested beneath.

To do now using any windows version would need a calculator then opening each folder to add up total size of all folder contents. This is one ability that Filezilla has needing for a long time.

While on topic file sizes able to have in queue and other places show MB and GB as such. 1.7 MB, 1.7 GB, 1.7 KB and 1.7 bytes etc. As I find having to count the numbers to know the file size of item been downloaded something shouldn't have to do. While it looks nice seeing many numbers swirling while download active. Nice able to see in different values as can see size of files within folders, when have so set from the settings.

Do show these changes when implemented on Filezilla changes history log so will know when they have been added. Else will be using old v2 for many more years before I know has been changed, thanks :)