save a transfer...

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

OIK2
500 Command not understood

save a transfer...

#1 Post by OIK2 » 2004-07-13 02:22

I think it would be nice if you could save a transfer paramiter to a file, and if you open the file FZ would automatically carry out the transfer. Such as being able to have it set so that when I run a file it would automatically open FZ and download the entire directory structure of my site to a particular location on my harddrive. Maybe even go a step farther so that it can timestamp the backup or put in some type of compressed file format and maybe even give the option to shut down FZ when it is done so that the save can just be scheduled with Task Scheduler or some such utility to be done daily.

Great program by the way. I think it is the best thing out there, and for it to be open source and free makes it even better.

Take Care,
OIK

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by eddan » 2004-08-04 08:12

It's a good idea to post your feature requests in the sf.net trackers instead of the forum. http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=21558

OIK2
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by OIK2 » 2004-08-04 18:13

OK, I submited it as 2 seperate items...seemed a little more logical that way really...It would be nice to see them happen, and really improove the usefulness of the program. I am yet to truely find a site backup utility I like and with these features it would be perfect.

Take Care,
OIK