Minor Cosmetic Suggestions (plus donation suggestion)

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

JackSpade
500 Command not understood

Minor Cosmetic Suggestions (plus donation suggestion)

#1 Post by JackSpade » 2004-07-15 16:19

I've just started using FileZilla, great job! Really a great FTP client. I have a few minor cosmetic suggestions and a donation idea.

1. Tooltips. I know you can get a tooltip in the status bar but is there any way to get the more standard tooltips that appear on hover? Even after I finally figured out the tips are in the status bar I keep looking for them to appear over the toolbar. Also I use it without the status bar at times so having them in there defeats the purpose.

2. Toolbar. Are there plans to expand the functionality of the toolbar to support multiple toolbars or different docking positions? I see there is a handle on the left of the toolbar as if you can drag it but you can't actually do anything with it. To me this is just confusing and wastes space.

3. Toolbar Icons. I'm sorry but the icons are pretty caveman. As a dev myself I know designing icons aren't my bag and they are usually the last thing I worry about. Usually for my small internal projects I just "borrow" icons from various locations. My idea for a donation is this... I'd be willing to shell out some money to have an icon designer (some place like http://www.iconbuffet.com) create a set for FileZilla. My way of giving back to a project that I think is great. Any bites on this?

Thanks,
Jack

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-07-15 18:22

All planned for FZ3.

About the icon designer, the same person who made the Qute theme icons for Firefox may make icons for FZ, though that's still uncertain.

JackSpade
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by JackSpade » 2004-07-15 20:01

Glad to hear it! I really like the new theme in Firefox and getting the same designer would only sweetness FZ. Now of course comes the bane of all developers... what is the FZ3 schedule?

calebrw
226 Transfer OK

#4 Post by calebrw » 2004-07-16 00:53

JackSpade wrote:what is the FZ3 schedule?
Read the FZ3 Dev. Diary here.
Caleb R. W.