Live File Edit (like cyberduckftp)

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

bobx11
500 Command not understood

Live File Edit (like cyberduckftp)

#1 Post by bobx11 » 2007-03-04 22:22

First, thanks for developing FileZilla. It's my favorite FTP client for PC. I've been using it and suggesting it to people for years now.

There is a FTP client for Apple that is called CyberDuckFTP. It has a live-edit feature. It works just like the one in FileZilla except it uploads the changes every time you save the file in your editor. It merely waits for something to change the file and then uploads the new version. I would LOVE to see that feature in FileZilla...

It's been 8 years since I did any C development, so I doubt I would be very helpful in getting the feature implemented in FileZilla myself and would probably take me the greater part of a weekend to make it happen.

Is there any interest in implementing this feature currently? I did a search on the forums and I saw a posting about it a couple years ago but nothing coming out of it. Can users like me bid ($) on that kind of a feature?

Thanks!
Jim

eddan
226 Transfer OK

#2 Post by eddan » 2007-03-04 23:09

To my knowledge (I've been following this project for a while), the next major version of FZ (FZ3) will have this in some way, e.g. by the promised synchronization feature.

Search the forums and sf.net trackers better next time, I got a lot of hits on this subject :)

edit:
Oh, and the project is accepting donations. The developer will probably notice if you donate and mention this feature request in the comment contributers can submit.