Feature suggestion: automatic upload after document is saved

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

ago
500 Command not understood

Feature suggestion: automatic upload after document is saved

#1 Post by ago » 2004-08-06 17:02

A feature I really like in WinScp is that when you edit a document "directly" on the remote machine, every time you save it, it will upload it automatically, without asking...

With FileZilla you need to save the document... then you have to close the editor... then you are asked if you want to upload... then it uploads...

Having automatic uploads on each save is particularly nice for editing scripts on a remote machine using a local editor with syntax highlighting and then trying the scripts with a remote shell... And in several other situations when several edits are required and the file can be tested only on the remote server...

Under those circumstances, if you have to close the editor every single time in order to upload it becomes REALLY annoying...

I would be most happy if this feature could be inserted... I do not think it involves a major change... Possibly with the option in the fileviewing/editing settings tab "upload when editor is closed/upload after each save/upload after each save without asking", so everybody is happy...