"Compile"???

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

BEvans
500 Command not understood

"Compile"???

#1 Post by BEvans » 2004-08-11 17:01

Hi,

New guy here (in fact I've not even downloaded Filezilla yet). I saw the link concerning 'Compiling Filezilla' and have no clue what I should think of that. I've very little knowlege of C++ or of much else listed there on the compiling instructions page. It made me think "Oh great, it'd be three weeks study and then another 10 straight hours of work putting this thing together before I could even begin to try it out'.

1) What gives with the compiling issue, can I not simply download it as a program and begin to work with it?

Thanks,

- Bryon

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#2 Post by botg » 2004-08-11 18:15

There's no need to compile FileZilla yourself. Binary releases are made for each version. See http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla for a list of available packages.

BEvans
500 Command not understood

Doh!

#3 Post by BEvans » 2004-08-12 08:46

Cofigure! sorry, wrong word. I could sware I saw something in the pages earlier about putting this and that together and I freaked remembering about 6 different downloads with the same release #'s behind them (and they didn't look like one for Windows, 1 for Mac, Linux, blah blah blah).

So what's with all of the different files to Download? How exactly would I go about this and is there more than one file to download in order to start using filezilla? Or if it's simply that I've smoked to much crack then that's cool too as I am really willing to understand this one. Thanks,

- Bryon

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2004-08-12 09:29

You just need to download one file. Either download the FileZilla_2_xxx_setup.exe to download a nice installer or download the FileZilla_2_xxx.zip to download a .zip archive containing everything necessary. Just extract it whereever you want.