Sending files to multiple servers

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

fizzyfizz
500 Command not understood

Sending files to multiple servers

#1 Post by fizzyfizz » 2018-01-24 14:19

Does anyone know if it's possible to send a selection of files to multiple FTP addresses in one go? So far, I cannot find any FTP software that can do this and it beggars belief!

Scenario: I have 8 photos which I want to send to 25 newspapers. I have each newspaper set up in my FTP client. I want to be able to create an 'address group' and send my 8 photos ONCE to the 'address group' which in turn will initiate the 25 transfers to the newspapers automatically instead of me having to drag and drop the photos 25 times.

Is this possible? If not, why not!

THANKS

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Sending files to multiple servers

#2 Post by botg » 2018-01-24 20:10

You could use a scriptable command-line FTP client for automated tasks.

fizzyfizz
500 Command not understood

#3 Post by fizzyfizz » 2018-01-25 09:38

See.. this is EXACTLY what I hate about forums! You ask for assistance in a friendly manner and you're met with a response that suggests you know how to speak Klingon. And if you don't, you must be thick!

"You could use a scriptable command-line FTP client for automated tasks"

Do you think if I knew anything about scripting I'd be asking the question in the first place??! Or are you one of those idiots that likes to play a pathetic game of "I know something you don't"

So tell me:
Do you know how to perform open-heart surgery in your bathroom? No?? Duh!
Do you know how to build a working space shuttle in your back yard? No??! Pah!!

You're probably one of those people that loiters in forums and says "RTFM" to everyone. Helpful, not.

And schools.. they're a waste of time too right? Why should teachers spend all day telling children about the world when kids could just go to the library and read a (f**king) book. So let's ban teachers worldwide! Yeh?

Let's go one better! Let's start the next bloody revolution against every single person in the world who needs help. They're all a pathetic bunch of losers anyway who don't deserve to live.

Or EVEN better still, why don't you troll-off to an under-10s forum and waste their time instead of adults who are simply looking for some friendly and helpful advice!

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2018-01-26 01:59

You're overreacting. And, yes, you got that answer because the intended target audience for FileZilla products are advanced and power users.

No, the functionality you described is not possible in FileZilla. Doing repetitive tasks automatically IS scripting and not what GUI FTP clients are designed for. botg (being the Admin of this very site and the ONLY developer of FileZilla) provided a possible solution for your problem instead of saying "Not possible", and he gets flamed for that.

No comment to the rest of your post. Reconsider who's the one acting like a toddler here.

By the way: Dunmo' mu' wutlh veb poH, SuvwI'!
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org