Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

nicknormal
500 Command not understood
First name: nick
Last name: normal

Removing Bundle Programs from Download Chapter 2

#1 Post by nicknormal » 2018-05-25 02:36

Hi. Similar to the thread at viewtopic.php?t=48687 I installed FileZilla only to find Chromium with Yahoo! and Opera installed.

However the applications were *not* visible in my main Applications folder, and instead only in the Applications folder of the User, which took me a bit of time to figure out.

To clarify, opening Finder, clicking Applications in sidebar did *not* show Chromium or Opera, which were automatically deposited to and pinned to my Dock.

I had to use Terminal command line to uninstall the apps from my User's Applications directory.

Goodbye FileZilla, it's been nice knowing you.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Removing Bundle Programs from Download Chapter 2

#2 Post by botg » 2018-05-25 08:41

Nothing unwanted is being installed without your consent. The fact that offers are included in the installer is clearly disclosed when opening the installer and all offers can be declined.

eustacius
500 Command not understood
First name: Eustacius
Last name: Eustacius

Re: Removing Bundle Programs from Download Chapter 2

#3 Post by eustacius » 2018-12-05 21:50

What an amazingly arrogant answer! I am surprised.

It is clearly a major nuisance that you have to avoid these added programs that take over in the "we-have-paid-for-our-right-to-annoy-you" fashion in order to get a "completely" free piece of software. But then again, Filezilla have to survive and they do so buy selling part of their soul (to who-ever likes to by souls...).

Now can someone please help me to get rid of these yahoo-bundle stuff that I was careless enough to forget to click 'no' to (thereby giving my concent!)

Help would be much appreciated :)

Cheers.