Extra SSD harddisk, how to see the website?

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

Trigona
500 Command not understood
First name: pat
Last name: trigona

Extra SSD harddisk, how to see the website?

#1 Post by Trigona » 2018-06-14 07:31

Hello,

I have add a extra SSD harddisk on my iMac. On the old start harddisk I had aa icon to Start Filezillla.
When I boot with the new SSD harddisk I can see start Filezilla on the old Harddisk, but then I missed the website management. ( I had there a lot of connections to webhosting)
How can I find the websites added to website management back? Or what's the best solution for this?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Extra SSD harddisk, how to see the website?

#2 Post by botg » 2018-06-14 08:18

Can you still boot from the old harddisk? If so you can use the Export and Import items in the File menu of FileZilla to export all site data to a file and then re-import it when running with the new SSD.

FileZilla stores its settings in the ~/.config/filezilla directory by default. Apple made it quite difficult to locate this directory using Finder (funny thing that it's called Finder if it cannot find these things, but I digress...).

You can use FileZilla to find the file using its built-in search function. Search the local system from the root for sitemanager.xml to find all places where this file may reside.

Trigona
500 Command not understood
First name: pat
Last name: trigona

Re: Extra SSD harddisk, how to see the website?

#3 Post by Trigona » 2018-06-15 06:24

Thanks, I could go to the old HD, and export ->import works well.Thanks.
Only now some of the connections to the hosting doesn't work sometimes. I tried a connection, and for example the 4th time the connection is right. Can I do something about this?