The Drag and Drop Issue

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

Pikki
500 Command not understood

The Drag and Drop Issue

#1 Post by Pikki » 2018-07-01 10:39

Gday

I have been a huge fan of FZ for a long time and am frustrated, like many others, of the drag and drop issue it is currently exhibiting.

The day Microsoft released update 1803 that stopped the "expected" result of the pszDestFile parameter of the CopyCallback method of the ICopyHook interface is clearly frustrating for many users and of course FZ developers themselves.

I see we are all waiting for Microsoft to "fix the bug" but as far as I can see "the bug" was fixed with 1803.

According to MS as asked by a FZ developer...
The pszDestFile parameter for ICopyHook::CopyCallback is documented in MSDN and in the ShlObj.h header as optional. And the comment in the ShlObj.h header for the pszDestFile parameter notes its applicability for move and rename, not copy.
So the 1803 update apparently fixed an incorrect Explorer behaviour and so I can't see it being "fixed" again in our favour.. unless of course I have completely missed the point because I am a dick.

If I have observed correctly is this the end of FZ drag and drop?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: The Drag and Drop Issue

#2 Post by botg » 2018-07-02 06:50

A completely different method of detecting the drop target is needed. Unfortunately that's nothing that can be implemented overnight and the only viable alternative known to me comes with several drawbacks, making it unreliable.