Moderator: Project members

Steven7
500 Command not understood
First name: Steven
Last name: Kramer

Uploading files from multiple folders

#1 Post by Steven7 » 2018-12-10 20:35

Hi!

I'm a happy user of Filezilla but I encounter some inefficiencies quite often. Namely in the following situations:
Whenever I'm working on a website page, I tend to make changes in my .php file, the connected .css file and sometimes also a connected .js file, simultaneously.
These files are all organized in separate folders. 1 folder for all my .php files, 1 for all stylesheets and 1 for all javascript.

Now the inefficiency. When I change something in more than 1 of these separately located files, I have to manually go to all separate maps, in my local viewfinder as well as my external/online viewfinder.

Is there any way of doing this easier? A possible solution I could think of is making a temporary selection of original files and their respective destination folders, and whenever pressing enter, all files in that temporary selection will be uploaded to their designated location.

Does anyone know of a solution that works around this problem? Or are there other things I might be able to do?

Thanks in advance!

Have a great day!

flagpole
425 Can't open data connection
First name: nigel
Last name: coldwell

Re: Uploading files from multiple folders

#2 Post by flagpole » 2018-12-10 21:43

Multiple instances of fz?

Steven7
500 Command not understood
First name: Steven
Last name: Kramer

Re: Uploading files from multiple folders

#3 Post by Steven7 » 2018-12-13 12:06

What do you mean by multiple instances? Using different tabs for the different folders?
That improves the workflow a bit, thanks for the suggestion! I will use that for now, until someone has a better workaround.

Have a great day!