For FileZilla_3.40.0_win64-setup_bundled Avira Antivir flags "Possibly Unwanted App"

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

tobifjellner
500 Command not understood
First name: Tor-Bjorn
Last name: Fjellner

For FileZilla_3.40.0_win64-setup_bundled Avira Antivir flags "Possibly Unwanted App"

#1 Post by tobifjellner » 2019-01-27 21:28

Hi,

I just downloaded the fresh installation package for Win 64 via the offical Fossnet hub.
To my surprise, Avira Antivir flagged one of its components with the following message:

The pattern of 'PUA/AD.InstallCore.B (Cloud) [PUA/AD.InstallCore.B]' detected in file '[REDACTED]\AppData\Local\Temp\nsgEF44.tmp\Fusion.dll' Action performed: Move file to quarantine, User SID: [REDACTED]

I guess you haven't put any strange things in the installer, but might have been using some component that now and then are used by people, who include a bunch of "Extras".

Is this dll needed? Will the application work OK if this file was missing in the installation package (that's what effectively happens when Avira quarantines the file.

EditAdd: Explanation of what Avira means with PUA can be found at https://www.avira.com/en/potentially-un ... plications

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: For FileZilla_3.40.0_win64-setup_bundled Avira Antivir flags "Possibly Unwanted App"

#2 Post by botg » 2019-01-28 08:07

Well, everything is possibly unwanted, it follows directly wrong the definition of the term.

That said, it's the offer-enabled installer which can show optional third-party offers during installation. It's safe to use, nothing unwanted is installed without your consent and even if you accidentally agree to an offer, everything can easily be uninstalled again.

Last but not least if you do not wish to use an offer-enabled installer, we also offer non-bundled installers on our download page.