Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

johnny5924
500 Command not understood
First name: John
Last name: Perez

Trouble Linking Images

#1 Post by johnny5924 » 2019-06-27 15:55

I am having trouble linking a particular image on my site. So I wanted to start over and re-upload the entire webpage. I deleted in from the remote site, but when I go to my browser the page is still there! I've cleared my cache every time I checked and the page is still on-line. I'm using WordPress, but the page I'm uploading is html. Could this have something to do with the problem? I can't figured out where the browser is getting the page from because I've deleted it and checked the other folders to see if it was hiding there, but I can't find it. Any ideas how I can fix this? Thank You

johnny5924
500 Command not understood
First name: John
Last name: Perez

Trying to Clear File on Remote Site

#2 Post by johnny5924 » 2019-06-28 00:24

I'm trying to delete a webpage from my remote site. I've gone in and deleted it, yet it persists in showing up in my browser, and I've turned the cache off in chrome. Also, when I try to reload that page it isn't being updated. Pls help! Thx!

boco
Contributor

Re: Trying to Clear File on Remote Site

#3 Post by boco » 2019-06-28 02:00

I consolidated bot your topics, it's only allowed opening one per issue.

It sounds as if your hoster is caching pages. This is often the case if the hoster uses load balancing (multiple servers in tandem). All you can do is wait until the changes or deletions have propagated. Should be updated/synced at least once every 24 hours, but we had reports where it took 72.

You should also use the search (F3) and search for *.htm and *.html files. If you can't find the site, you've done all you could.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org