Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

azfar
504 Command not implemented
First name: Azfar
Last name: Hashmi

Filezilla Pro pricing

#1 Post by azfar » 2019-07-02 13:35

I have few questions regarding FileZilla Pro.

1) Is Filezilla Pro subscription based or one time purchase?
2) Can I import Pro exported config into free version?
3) I have two computers (MacOS) for office and home, can I use single purchase on both computers?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Filezilla Pro pricing

#2 Post by botg » 2019-07-02 18:14

The following assumes that you obtain FileZilla Pro through filezillapro.com, it does not apply to purchases made in app stores.

1) As of writing this, it's a one-time purchase. Included in the purchase are 5 years of updates to newer versions.
2) Yes, you can freely exchange configuration data between the versions. Note that the free version obviously cannot make use of Pro-specific configuration data
3) Yes, you can use FileZilla Pro on up to three devices

azfar

#3 Post by azfar » 2019-07-04 22:06

botg wrote:
2019-07-02 18:14
The following assumes that you obtain FileZilla Pro through filezillapro.com, it does not apply to purchases made in app stores.

1) As of writing this, it's a one-time purchase. Included in the purchase are 5 years of updates to newer versions.
2) Yes, you can freely exchange configuration data between the versions. Note that the free version obviously cannot make use of Pro-specific configuration data
3) Yes, you can use FileZilla Pro on up to three devices
Thanks for the details.

azfar

#4 Post by azfar » 2019-07-05 12:21

I bought Pro for MacOS license, how can I download Filezilla Pro for Windows (Bootcamp) and use same license there?

boco
Contributor

#5 Post by boco » 2019-07-05 16:34

The Mac AppStore license cannot be used on Windows.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

azfar

#6 Post by azfar » 2019-07-05 23:34

boco wrote:
2019-07-05 16:34
The Mac AppStore license cannot be used on Windows.
luckily I bought it directly and I hope it will work cross OSes.

boco
Contributor

#7 Post by boco » 2019-07-06 13:52

Yes, the normal license will register on up to three devices, no matter the OS.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

yoursiteteam
500 Command not understood

#8 Post by yoursiteteam » 2019-07-18 17:38

I guess you picked the wrong time to buy it. (if you bought it)

I like how the first response says.."1) As of writing this, it's a one-time purchase.".. which indicates to me that they knew the subscription model was being released soon but didnt want to tell you.

Anyhow, I have the Pro version purchased from the App Store and there are no details on how the subscription will work. I would like to know if my purchase will be grandfathered in or if I will automatically start getting charged $10/month... nearly 3x the price I paid when I bought it originally.

There are enough FTP applications out there that I will be forced to move on, which is fine. I will not pay a subscription for a basic utility app. Apps such as Netlfix, Hulu etc are constantly updating their catalog and creating new content on a regular basis... an FTP app... not so much...

Anyhow.. I just needed to vent and get that off my chest. Hopefully someone knows the answer to how the subscription will work for existing users.

botg
Site Admin

#9 Post by botg » 2019-07-18 18:57

Please note the first line of the first reply, that is what this topic is about.

As for the labor intensive Mac App Store version:
Anyhow, I have the Pro version purchased from the App Store and there are no details on how the subscription will work. I would like to know if my purchase will be grandfathered.
Of course. If you have purchase FileZilla Pro in the past you do not need a new subscription. You essentially already have a subscription with a period of one eternity, only requiring renewal at the end of time.
or if I will automatically start getting charged $10/month... nearly 3x the price I paid when I bought it originally.
Where does it say month? The subscription period is set to a year.

yoursiteteam

#10 Post by yoursiteteam » 2019-07-18 19:36

I apologize for my combativeness. So many apps are moving to a subscription model and its getting frustrating. I've seen so many different pricing plans on app as of late, I may have got it confused with another. I could have swore I saw a Monthly and/or annual fee. Airmail is doing something similar, I think I may have gotten the costs switched up in my head while typing... ANYHOW.. Thank you for your answer and confirmation!

AillzElif
First name: Karan
Last name: Persaud

#11 Post by AillzElif » 2022-01-17 10:22

botg wrote:
2019-07-18 18:57
Please note the first line of the first reply, that is what this topic is about.

As for the labor intensive Mac App Store version:
Anyhow, I have the Pro version purchased from the App Store and there are no details on how the subscription will work. I would like to know if my purchase will be grandfathered.
Of course. If you have purchase FileZilla Pro in the past you do not need a new subscription. You essentially already have a subscription with a period of one eternity, only requiring renewal at the end of time.
or if I will automatically start getting charged $10/month... nearly 3x the price I paid when I bought it originally.
Where does it say month? The subscription period is set to a year.

I have a license i bought for windows that works fine, I also bought a mac appstore pro version and it keeps telling me to subscribe, what's the problem I thought it said one time purchase.
Attachments
In Store
In Store
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.20.51 AM.png (2.43 MiB) Viewed 6311 times
Screenshot showing message
Screenshot showing message
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 6.17.06 AM.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 6311 times

botg
Site Admin

#12 Post by botg » 2022-01-17 10:44

Purchases made outside Apple's Mac App Store are entirely unrelated to subscriptions made in the App Store.

If you are already subscribed to the App Store version and it is not picking up the subscription, click the link to restore a previous subscription.