Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

madinv
500 Command not understood
First name: Mark

Server Error - Using Data SIM and TP Router

#1 Post by madinv » 2019-11-02 18:58

Dear all

I am trying to connect to a webserver to FTP, and I'm using an O2 data SIM and an TP Link Archer MR600 router. I'm connecting wirelessly to the router and am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

When I am trying to connect to the server I am getting the following:

Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 502 AUTH TLS OK.
Command: AUTH SSL
Error: Could not connect to server

If I use a 'wired' connection to a BT router and a fixed line broadband connection I'm getting no problem.

If I use 'plain FTP (insecure)' setting with the SIM and TP Link router I can connect to the server. Obviously, I'd rather not use plain FTP.

Could anybody advise if this I need to change a setting in FileZilla to enable me to connect to the webserver, or is there something inherent in the way I'm trying to connect with a data only SIM which would cause this?

Thanks in anticpation

boco
Contributor

Re: Server Error - Using Data SIM and TP Router

#2 Post by boco » 2019-11-04 10:22

Command: AUTH TLS
Response: 502 AUTH TLS OK.
Something is sabotaging your connection. Please use a proper Internet connection. Mobile providers offer a very bad experience.

Please note that this behavior constitutes a Man-In-The-Middle (MITM) attack and is borderline Malware. Fortunately, your server requires FTP over TLS secure FTP, otherwise you would have been downgraded to a plain, unprotected FTP connection, exposing your every move.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org