Moderator: Project members

josue.fako
500 Command not understood
First name: Josue
Last name: Fako

FileZilla Server in distributed network architecture

#1 Post by josue.fako » 2019-12-23 10:07

Hi,
In our project, i'm trying to convince the team to use FileZilla SFTP to manage files upload/download in a secure way. I read in another topic of the forum "FTP upload file size limit" that FTP upload file size limit is more about "Limitation of your hoster's server. FileZilla can transfer files of any size, the theoretical limit is 2^64-1.". I'm happy that this first "open point" is solved.
Now, based on our network architecture, we will use a DMZ ( demilitarized zone ) and many files server. So the new "open point" for which i have to provide informations is how to install/configure FileZilla Server in a distributed architecture :
- Is it possible to install FileZilla Server only in a Master which will manage many Files Server and VMs( virtual macchine ) ? or
- FileZilla Server solution only work in a standalone file server, I mean in a one to one relationship ?
- Is it possible to enable Active Directory authentication and specify the domain name for which to authenticate with FileZilla Server solution ?
- In order to fastly and easyly authenticate our users is it possible to use integrate FileZilla Server solution with LDAP authentication ?
Please i need help. Can someone provide me some response ?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZilla Server in distributed network architecture

#2 Post by botg » 2019-12-23 11:40

Please note that FileZilla Server does not speak SFTP, only FTP and FTP over TLS (FTPS).

You can install FileZilla Server on as many machines as you want. There is no communication between the FileZilla Server instances.

FileZilla Server uses its own authentication mechanism, it does not integrate with AD/LDAP.