n00b needs help giving my customers access to their files

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

BigSwifty
500 Command not understood

n00b needs help giving my customers access to their files

#1 Post by BigSwifty » 2020-07-06 02:29

Greetings,

As the subject states, I'm a FileZilla noob. Pardon me if I get some terminology wrong. I'm trying to be as clear as possible and hope what I'm trying to do is understandable, even if I'm not wording this correctly.

I'm a photographer and creator of 360° virtual tours and am trying to figure out how to use FilzeZilla to give clients access to the photos and tours I create for them. I've been using Dropbox for photos, but Virtual Tours are a new part of my business and are larger files than simple jpgs. Since part of my workflow is to already place the folders/files for these tours on FTP using FileZilla so I can display them on my website, I figured since they are already there the easiest way for me to get these folders/files to my clients is allowing them access through FileZilla.

I'm looking for the simplest way to do this. Is there a good tutorial in either written form or video that anyone can direct me to? My only real concern is that I don't want to give a client access to everythingthat is on my account/FTP server; only the folders/files that contain their specific photos/virtual tours.

I'm imagining this is a pretty simple thing to do, but a quick Google search hasn't really helped me so far.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: n00b needs help giving my customers access to their files

#2 Post by botg » 2020-07-06 10:20

This depends on the FTP server used and what functionality the server administrator or server hosting provider is offering you. Contact them for further assistance.