Trying to connect Windows 10 to FETCH TV PVR

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

rogerbid
504 Command not implemented
First name: Roger

Trying to connect Windows 10 to FETCH TV PVR

#1 Post by rogerbid » 2020-11-15 04:49

Hello, I am looking for help to connect to a Fetch TV PVR and really need someone to assist me. I am sorry, I have tried to find a solution on this website without success. If the answer is here somewhere I am sorry to be wasting someone's time!

In the past I have connected my Windows 7 PC with a Topfield PVR using FZ, and been very pleased with the faultless operation. I have now acquired a Fetch TV box and am trying to establish communication between this and my Windows 10 laptop. (I don't now how widely the Fetch TV box is sold, to explain - I live in Australia and it is sold here in retail stores and and through Internet Service Providers. Using the Fetch TV one can use the PVR function to record our free to air TV channels.)

All I have been able to do so far is find that the Fetch is shown under the Network heading in my Computer with an IP address 192.168.0.11. Please see the attached screenshot 'Fetch seen in Network'. Using Windows Media Player I can navigate to All Videos (see image attached 'Fetch in Media Player') but, while I can then see the individual recordings listed, the videos only play for 1 second before an error message appears. Even if the videos played there appears to be no way to copy the files to the laptop for archiving.

In my ignorance, I am assuming that, as the Fetch box shows up in the network with an IP address, I should be able to access the files as I have been doing with the Topfield PVR, but I don't know what Username and Password to use. (I don't recall how I came up with Guest and 0000 Username and Password I use for the Topfield PVR - is this something I had to create or is it something generated by the Topfield?)

Can anyone please advise me how I can connect to the Fetch TV and then copy video files across to my laptop? Please be aware though that I have very limited understanding of networks etc so if suggesting a solution please bear this in mind!!

I will be most grateful for any assistance offered,

Thanks,

Roger B

P.S. Quote: "Do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration." I have read this, but sadly it makes little sense to me! I did at least try to find a solution!
Attachments
Fetch seen in Network.JPG
Fetch seen in Network.JPG (28.14 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
Fetch in Media Player.JPG
Fetch in Media Player.JPG (61 KiB) Viewed 4624 times

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Trying to connect Windows 10 to FETCH TV PVR

#2 Post by botg » 2020-11-16 10:17

I don't know what Username and Password to use
Contact your PVR vendor to inquire how to recover or reset lost passwords.

rogerbid
504 Command not implemented
First name: Roger

#3 Post by rogerbid » 2020-11-18 00:03

Hi BotG, Thanks for the reply. I had not thought of that and will give it a try, but I suspect the support people wil not be in a hurry to reply.

Thanks again

Roger

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2020-11-18 00:40

The might also be a default username/password in the manual. It all depends on the product used.

Also, please don't read/interpret my signature (as seen ↓) as part of my posts. That's generic information.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org