Moderator: Project members

npokorzynski
500 Command not understood
First name: Nick
Last name: Pokorzynski

Issue with multiple file upload

#1 Post by npokorzynski » 2020-11-23 19:56

Hi,

I'm using FileZilla to transfer some large (~0.8 GB) files, of which I have many. When I go through the upload process, I'm running into a recurring problem that I cannot get to the bottom of. During the upload of multiple files, something is getting tripped up and the desktop application seems to think that the file has already been uploaded (it hasnt) and then asks me to either duplicate, skip, remove, etc. the original file. Nothing I have tried thus far within this command window allows the upload to proceed to completion, so I've resorted to skipping these files and then attempting to upload them again. You can imagine how this greatly increases the duration of uploads, because this is happening to about half of the files I attempt to upload at any given time. I'm not sure how to provide more detail on this matter, but I'm hoping someone might be able to offer at least some advice on how I might diagnose this problem and try to keep this from happening.

Thanks,
Nick

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Issue with multiple file upload

#2 Post by botg » 2020-11-24 17:27

Please check the message log, there must have been an error. What does it say?

npokorzynski
First name: Nick
Last name: Pokorzynski

#3 Post by npokorzynski » 2020-11-24 18:20

The log doesn't say much other than it first attempts to retrieve the directory listing ("Retrieving directory listing of..."), and then apparently fails to do so (this isn't explicitly stated in the log), and interprets this as a duplication of the file (not stated in the log, but the command window will pop up to prompt you to deal with duplicate files), at which point I've set it to skip the "duplicated" file so that it can continue to upload other files.

Johan Allard
First name: Johan
Last name: Allard

#4 Post by Johan Allard » 2020-12-03 17:40

Same problem, i'm using filezillapro and problem occurs by upload to onedrive.