Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

CJStevens
500 Command not understood
First name: CJ
Last name: Stevens

So tired of this error

#1 Post by CJStevens » 2021-02-28 23:23

I'm so tired of things working just fine and then, bam, there's a problem that can't be solved by the average computer user. I have been using Filezilla for years. I now got a new laptop and tried to install it but get this message:
You appear to be behind a NAT router. Please configure the passive mode settings and forward a range of ports in your router.
Warning: FTP over TLS is not enabled, users cannot securely log in.
Clearly it's not my router or the version on my older laptop wouldn't be working....but it is working just fine.
From what I can find, there is the suggestion to see the Network Configuration guide. Well that's just dandy for you techy guys but is of no help so the average computer user like me. I don't know what happened to now make FileZilla impossible to install unless I have a degree in computer technology. If I could understand the Network Configuration guide then I'd probably not be having this problem in the first place.
I've had it. I'll be downloading another ftp unless someone here can explain it to me in simple English.

Bye Bye FileZilla.....RIP

boco
Contributor

Re: So tired of this error

#2 Post by boco » 2021-03-01 00:14

Even an average user should be able to read and download the correct program. You downloaded FileZilla Server, and this is most probably NOT what you want/need.

FileZilla Client works like it always did.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

CJStevens
500 Command not understood
First name: CJ
Last name: Stevens

Re: So tired of this error

#3 Post by CJStevens » 2021-03-01 00:51

OK..this is crazy. I did exactly what I did before but it worked this time. I ever had a friend try and it didn't work for her. OK, so, if bitching works then I'll take that!!