Firezilla's YES prompts

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

boco
Contributor

Re: Firezilla's YES prompts

#16 Post by boco » 2021-09-06 13:24

What I meant is that you can already set a background color (from a pre-defined set) for server connections. Imagine having a cyan background and a cyan filename color.

So, both features need to either be mutually exclusive (allowing all choices), or they need to be harmonized (so you don't run into a situation like the above).

Being able to select both the background color and the text colors would possibly also allow bright text on dark background. Imagine that, a poor man's dark mode.
### BEGIN SIGNATURE BLOCK ###
No support requests per PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please do yourself a favor and read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
### END SIGNATURE BLOCK ###

ZillaFox
500 Syntax error
First name: Chris
Last name: Fox

#17 Post by ZillaFox » 2021-09-07 12:06

Ohhh, I get it, I said I was daft :lol:

Just a thought, or two...
I would expect most text files aimed at websites to be fairly small on the grand scheme of things, 1 to 200KB, so should be written
in the blink of an eye. Would the text editor itself know when a file is writes is fully written?

If so, an instant touch of a dummy file for FZ to look for, but if not, the safest way would be for the editor to read the written file and
verify it's contents, ( probably very easy for a developer to do! ), then write the dummy file. OR, hold on to your hat :o How about the
use of a local Linux socket between editor and FZ, FZ could then listen and when a "we're good to go" comes down the pipe, up goes the file :shock: :shock:
This could be a great idea :!: or maybe nowI really am peeing in the wind :oops: :oops: :roll:

Wish I could program, I used to hobby program Atari computers in assembly in the 80's, so if you need a value added to your Accumulator
indexed to data X and stored in a sixteen bit address indexed to data Y, then I'm your man :lol:

Sorry about my ramblings, I know you're busy, I'll shut up now :|

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#18 Post by botg » 2021-09-07 15:25

The problem is the lack of any standardized communication channel between arbitrary different programs.

ZillaFox
500 Syntax error
First name: Chris
Last name: Fox

#19 Post by ZillaFox » 2021-09-22 14:51

Just a thought or two.... These might be of interest, but then they might be completely DUFF :?
When I use BirdFont, on clicking export font, it could take up to 10 seconds to write the font file, when the file competes being written, it's icon changes, then.... a notification appears on my screen to say the file is ready.

if Geany were to do similar, I presume FZ would be able to access the notification area programmatically, thus verifying the edited file was completely written...

OR, if after reading back in the edited file, If Geany were to create a dummy folder using the exact location and name of the edited file, for example, ( home-Chris-temporary-may.co.uk-content-index.html ), then opens the folder, just as if the user had done, this should create a new PID. FZ could be reading the PID list whilst waiting for a file to upload, when the new folder opens in a file manager, (nemo, etc.), it should show in the PID list, as in my screenshot of Stacer. Kill the process, (5923 in my example), delete the folder and it's time to upload the edited file :-}}

Sorry, I know you know all this stuff, anyone who can create such complex software as FZ is a Genius in my book!!
Not knowing when the file is completely written could do with a solution, and I'm just trying, my wife says I'm VERY TRYING :lol:
Attachments
pid.png
pid.png (55.71 KiB) Viewed 1683 times