Moderator: Project members

Kaywoo
504 Command not implemented
First name: Iris
Last name: Wood

Getting Dementia - forgot how to troubleshoot

#1 Post by Kaywoo » 2021-09-04 04:08

Hi
I have Frontpage 3 so don't know if you can help. I didn't expect to use it this long. I have always uploaded my website directly to Filezilla and don't use frontpage 3 -until recently. My site is defunct and I am using it to publish a newsletter for a book I am writing. So important I keep it going.
For some reason the last time I used it I uploaded to FP remote.
With help from my host provider, I got it back. But I cannot upload it and changes don't take effect. I think I have altered FTP.
When I go to upload I get a key identifier (My file path and server id is showing.) But it wants a password.

Now if this is a frontPage problem as I think please let me know. I have my uploaded files in remote and Filezilla public_html (full path correct due to host) and the local site is correct. Now I have lost the page but I know I am not connected to FTP but don't know the paths to fill.
I am connected to Filezilla ok but problem is uploading. Also changes I make in Frontpage do not show in filezilla
Kind regards. Think I have the latest FileZilla

Kaywoo

Re: Getting Dementia - forgot how to troubleshoot

#2 Post by Kaywoo » 2021-09-04 04:14

IO see Frontpage is discontinued. But used it recently.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#3 Post by botg » 2021-09-06 07:51

Note that FileZilla is merely the tool you are using to transfer files to the FTP server. You are neither connecting nor uploading to FileZilla.

Frontpage 3 is extremely old, from way before the Vista era. There's a good chance any edits you make with Frontpage are redirected to the virtual store if it attempts to write to a protected system directory, see https://wiki.filezilla-project.org/FZ_UAC

Kaywoo

#4 Post by Kaywoo » 2022-09-30 09:29

Hello

In answer to your other emails, I sent them, to my host. He never commented on them. He could get in and I had my technician have a look. He got in but it was because I used the remote. And he just changed over a file while in Filezilla. In the end, I had 40 files someone had set up as templates only a week ago.

Anyway, the host showed by a video he could get in with the information he gave me.

He uploaded the right copy of the two files from hs end. I want and they had HTTPS. It was a long 4 days.

The tech found that Chrome was not secure and to speak to the host. He didn't reply, Not that it was his problem he is a good guy.

Today I got onto Trend mico security. I have the highest plan. I lost my password years ago but I made him look. What he did find was that Chrome was not secure in trend. I don't know where to look but that is not your problem. I have had it but can't do what I wanted to create two new pages.

So yes Frontpage is the problem but think it is my fault. I can't find other replies but I will acknowledge them. Thank you very much.

Kaywoo

#5 Post by Kaywoo » 2022-09-30 09:55

Kaywoo wrote:
2022-09-30 09:29
Hello

Sorry I answered the wrong person but thank you for your input IKwoo

In answer to your other emails, I sent them, to my host. He never commented on them. He could get in and I had my technician have a look. He got in but it was because I used the remote. And he just changed over a file while in Filezilla. In the end, I had 40 files someone had set up as templates only a week ago.

Anyway, the host showed by a video he could get in with the information he gave me.

He uploaded the right copy of the two files from hs end. I want and they had HTTPS. It was a long 4 days.

The tech found that Chrome was not secure and to speak to the host. He didn't reply, Not that it was his problem he is a good guy.

Today I got onto Trend mico security. I have the highest plan. I lost my password years ago but I made him look. What he did find was that Chrome was not secure in trend. I don't know where to look but that is not your problem. I have had it but can't do what I wanted to create two new pages.

So yes Frontpage is the problem but think it is my fault. I can't find other replies but I will acknowledge them. Thank you very much.