The difference between: re-open the local file, or cancel the lock. file and resume editing

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

nikole
500 Command not understood
First name: Николь

The difference between: re-open the local file, or cancel the lock. file and resume editing

#1 Post by nikole » 2022-01-12 18:20

Dear forum users! Please help decipher what "reopen local file" and "cancel local file, upload and resume editing" means: https://prnt.sc/26cw35y
I had a problem understanding the word "local" - is it the one on the server, or the one that I have in the editor (on the computer) open? And if it is canceled, then from where (from the server to the computer, or vice versa) and where (from the server to the computer, or vice versa) will it be downloaded for download? :Oops:

PS I apologize for such a stupid question, well, I really have a problem with this, because of which I paid a lot of money working in .htaccess!

Уважаемые форумчане! Пожалуйста, помогите расшифровать что значит "заново открыть локальный файл" и "отменить локальный файл, закачать и возобновить редактирование": https://prnt.sc/26cw35y
У меня проблема в данном случае с пониманием слова "локальный" — это тот, что на сервере, или тот, что у меня в редакторе (на компьютере) открыт? И если он отменится, то откуда (с сервера на комп, или наоборот) и куда (с сервера на комп, или наоборот) закачается для редактирования? :oops:

P. S. прошу прощения, за такой тупой вопрос, ну у меня правда проблема с этим, из-за чего я сильно поплатилась работая в .htaccess!

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: The difference between: re-open the local file, or cancel the lock. file and resume editing

#2 Post by botg » 2022-01-13 09:19

Please attach the screenshots directly to this topic. I'm having issues accessing this external site.

Local always refers to data on your local machine, the machine you are sitting in front of. Download always refers to a transfer from a remote machine to the local machine.