Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

walk5
500 Command not understood
First name: Michelle
Last name: Walker

FileZilla, Xampp, and Linux

#1 Post by walk5 » 2022-05-16 03:15

I am trying to use FileZilla with Xampp and Linux. I am using the how tos on the Xampp dashboard to attach my ftp to my htdocs file on xampp. According to what I have been able to find I am attached to my xampp files. I am having trouble adding my site that I am testing to the files. I am only using Xampp for offline testing only. I do not always have access to an internet connection. I was using Xampp on Windows but I am no longer using Windows. I have switched to my Linux computer full time. With windows you can just drag and drop the file into the htdocs file but that is not an option with Linux. Now that I have given some background here is my FileZilla log from when I have tried to upload files.
Command: CWD /assets/image
Response: 550 /assets/image: No such file or directory
Command: CWD /assets
Response: 550 /assets: No such file or directory
Command: CWD /
Response: 250 CWD command successful
Command: MKD assets
Response: 550 assets: Permission denied
Error: File transfer failed
Status: Starting upload of /home/stogyslady/Desktop/Uncle Stogys/assets/image/logo2018b.png
Command: CWD /assets/image
Response: 550 /assets/image: No such file or directory
Command: CWD /assets
Response: 550 /assets: No such file or directory
Command: CWD /
Response: 250 CWD command successful
Error: File transfer failed
This is not the entire log but a lot of it. It is the same thing for the whole log.

I appreciate any help. I am at a stand still with my site because of this. I do not want to continue until I can see what I am doing. Thanks in advance.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: FileZilla, Xampp, and Linux

#2 Post by botg » 2022-05-16 09:27

You do not have permission to create the target directory.

walk5

#3 Post by walk5 » 2022-05-16 13:55

Would you know how to make it so that I had permission to do that? Or is that a question for the Linux forum? I hope this did not sound rude. I am not sure about how this all works. I am new to some of this and it has been crazy confusing.

walk5

#4 Post by walk5 » 2022-05-16 14:07

Thank you for your help. What you already said helped me. I was able to go back to the how tos and it gave me the sort of the right information. With your response it and the information from the how tos I was able to get it working. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help. I have been trying to make this work for more then a week. I have been down the entire time. Thank you so much.