Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

cvang55
500 Command not understood
First name: Choua
Last name: Vang

Drag & Drop feature from File Explorer to Filezilla

#1 Post by cvang55 » 2022-10-14 21:26

I've been googling this issue for a while now and wondering if this is still an ongoing issue that just never got resolved.

I have about 7 end users who contacted me all at the same time regarding the drag and drop feature which is no longer working. We don't push out software updates, especially filezilla, to end user PC's so idk what happened. From reading the filezilla community forms and just stuff i found online, it sounds like this problem has happen a few years ago and probably just never been resolved.

is anybody still having this issue?

I tried running the command to register the shell but that didn't work either. Of course, our users do have a workaround which is just using the drag and drop feature within the filezilla application. I just find it weird that it just suddenly stopped the next day or maybe windows updates caught up and bug the feature.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Drag & Drop feature from File Explorer to Filezilla

#2 Post by botg » 2022-10-17 09:08

Cannot reproduce, works absolutely fine even on the most recent Windows 11 22H2.

boco
Contributor

Re: Drag & Drop feature from File Explorer to Filezilla

#3 Post by boco » 2022-10-17 12:11

Small note: Drag and Drop will only work correctly if both the source and the target are running on the same elevation level. That means, if FileZilla is running as Administrator (not recommended anyway, but can happen if started from an elevated parent process), dragging to or from a non-elevated target is not possible (userspace separation). Explorer is always non-elevated; even if started elevated it drops privileges, right away.

Tl;dr: Don't start FileZilla as Administrator.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org