Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

Beat Poet
500 Command not understood
First name: William
Last name: Jones

Ionos is restricting access to my website

#1 Post by Beat Poet » 2023-01-04 16:57

My website is hosted with Ionos and recently my website seems to have been attacked with some files, which Ionos deems to be viruses. I'm waiting on tech support from Ionos, but thought I'd ask here in the meantime, given I use Filezilla. Ionos emailed a list of these files, which I've deleted. They say though that:

3. To make your website accessible again, change the permissions from 200 to 604 after cleaning up the files. For directories, change the permissions from 700 to 705. Your website will only be able to be displayed properly after these changes have been made.

It's a bit ambiguous whether they mean that you need to change the permissions of the virusy files/directories of only the affected files, but should they mean the entire website, what do I do? Is it really as simple as changing the 755 to 705? (see attachment). My website is built using Wordpress, so I apologise if I've got this totally wrong and it should be done via Wordpress! Any help would be very much appreciated, cheers.
Attachments
filezilla.jpg
filezilla.jpg (109.05 KiB) Viewed 7334 times