Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

aughhhhh
500 Command not understood
First name: leslie
Last name: reed

reload software w/o destroying my info

#1 Post by aughhhhh » 2023-02-21 19:25

Is there any way to get a complete refresh of the software ... without losing my inputs.

Why? Because my host does not accept the correct password FZ is using ... so it won't connect. The host says its 'not our fault', and I should erase everything and start FZ all over again.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: reload software w/o destroying my info

#2 Post by botg » 2023-02-21 19:56

Please double-check your login credentials, watch out for character case and leading/trailing whitespace. If the issue persists, get a better hosting provider.

aughhhhh
500 Command not understood
First name: leslie
Last name: reed

#3 Post by aughhhhh » 2023-02-22 13:17

botg wrote:
2023-02-21 19:56
Please double-check your login credentials, watch out for character case and leading/trailing whitespace. If the issue persists, get a better hosting provider.
Whose login? FZ's 'user name' for each site in the Site Manager? I cannot see any problems there.

How can I create new questions for this forum? I cannot remember how I got to this first post, and I cannot see any links.

Is it possible to rollback my choice to tick the box saying "don't continue to show me this warning each time", when trying to upload files to my website, on the popUp called 'Unknown Certificate error". I ticked the box and now it no longer shows. I would prefer it continues to show each time, so I know it is happening.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

#4 Post by botg » 2023-02-22 14:09

If the server you are attempting to connect to doesn't accept your login credentials, then you either have entered the wrong credentials, or the server itself has forgotten what your credentials are supposed to be.

Permanently trusted certificates are stored in the file trustedcerts.xml located in FileZilla's settings directory, which is located at ~/.config/filezilla on most platforms, with the exception being the exotic Windows platform where it's in %APPDATA%/FileZilla