Moderator: Project members

markgp71
500 Command not understood
First name: Mark
Last name: Perez

Filezilla server using port 22

#1 Post by markgp71 » 2023-02-22 22:37

Hi!

Like most of the cases I´m a begginer jeje. But my question is: Filezilla server can use port 22? I looked for lots of information but it´s not clear for me. I found post on this forum and other pages that says filezilla server doesn´t support SFTP, so in 2023 Is the same case?

I have a client that has a ftp server (I just started a new job and the server admin is gone!) so my client says that wants to connect with port 22 (with another port is ok) but in my console I have this:

Connected on port 22, sending welcome message...
220-FIleZilla Server version 0.9.50 beta
220.FTPDomain
SSH-2.0-FileZilla_3.62.2
500 Syntax error, command unrecognized
disconnected

So, it´s about of the version or what? is not because of firewall and anything like that, In filezilla configuration > general settings > is listen on these ports: I have 20 21 22.

Thank you so much!

boco
Contributor

Re: Filezilla server using port 22

#2 Post by boco » 2023-02-23 01:14

But my question is: Filezilla server can use port 22?
Pure technically, it could. But it would be very problematic at best, as 22 is reserved for SFTP.
I found post on this forum and other pages that says filezilla server doesn´t support SFTP, so in 2023 Is the same case?
The free FileZilla Server does NOT support SFTP, only FTP and FTP over TLS (Explicit+Implicit).

SFTP is supported by FileZilla Pro Enterprise Server, which is a paid product.
I have a client that has a ftp server (I just started a new job and the server admin is gone!) so my client says that wants to connect with port 22 (with another port is ok) but in my console I have this:
Read the first statement again. Client assumes SFTP when using port 22. FileZilla Server does not understand SFTP and responds with an error.
So, it´s about of the version or what?
The version you are using is horribly outdated, insecure and unsupported. You must upgrade to the latest, which is 1.6.7 ATM.
is not because of firewall and anything like that, In filezilla configuration > general settings > is listen on these ports: I have 20 21 22.
Wrong configuration. Please read Network Configuration.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org