Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

DuskHex
500 Command not understood
First name: Jack
Last name: McLeod

Pulling Mass Files Using R

#1 Post by DuskHex » 2023-04-24 19:33

I am working on a project where I am attempting to pull a couple thousand files from FileZilla for analysis. I have been writing code in R to attempt to do this as manually pulling and combining 3000 files would be far too time consuming. However, while writing my code I have hit a unique error code and was hoping for some help on understanding it. I received an error titled "Access Denied 530". After some research I thought the problem was that I do not have the proper access. I thought maybe someone has special access or a different login that would help me do this but that was not the case. Do I need to try a different coding language then R or is it impossible to do this within the constraints of FileZilla? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

boco
Contributor

Re: Pulling Mass Files Using R

#2 Post by boco » 2023-04-24 20:07

I am working on a project where I am attempting to pull a couple thousand files from FileZilla for analysis.
How do you mean that, exactly? FileZilla only offers software, it is not a service (not hosting nor otherwise). So, it is not possible to pull files from it.

In case you are running FileZilla Server, the files are hosted on your machine, and the login data has to be set up by yourself. If you have FileZilla Client, you are connecting to a third-party server we have nothing to do with, and you need to contact them, not us.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org