Moderator: Project members

sacdman
500 Command not understood
First name: sacd
Last name: man

No longer able to connect to server

#1 Post by sacdman » 2023-05-12 17:38

Hi all..

I am new here and hoping to find some help. I started a website a number of years ago [...] Several months ago, when I went back to do an update, I was no longer able to connect to the server. I was using CoreFTP at the time. The webspace where this was posted was basically provided to me for free. Someone on the internet had a free space and was kind enough to allow me to use it. I have used it now for quite a long time. I did attempt to contact them, but was not able to reach them. For some reason, I am no longer able to login to the site as I could before. I am now tring to login with FileZilla, which certainly seems a better software for doing this. I am just wondering if the space has been hacked and no one has done anything to correct it. I do have the old password and other details, but I am not able to logon. Perhaps someone might be able to assist me with figuring out if the site was hacked or if there is anyway I may able to access the server finally? Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Hopefully someone here who is very experienced with this kind of thing can assist. Thanks. :(
Last edited by botg on 2023-05-12 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted potential advertisement.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: No longer able to connect to server

#2 Post by botg » 2023-05-12 17:53

You need to contact your server administrator or server hosting provider for assistance with your login credentials.