Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

f8lee
500 Command not understood
First name: bob
Last name: fately

everything fails!

#1 Post by f8lee » 2023-09-02 00:54

I have been using FileZilla for a few years now, but am hitting an issue that I cannot solve. All I am doing is uploading web galleries that I created in Adobe Lightroom Classic to a folder on the server maintained for me by GoDaddy. I have been doing this exact same thing for years - but now am stymied.

I generated a new gallery same as always, then opened FileZilla and connected to the server (same as it always has been)...dragged the new gallery folder from my local drive to the appropriate folder on the server - again, same thing I have done dozens and dozens of times over the years. But now everything fails out.

I then used FileZilla to delete the folder (which was empty other than for a few index files) from the server altogether, and then deleted the folder on my local disk and re-generated the entire thing in LR. Thanks to this forum, I discovered how to clear the queued and failed transfers windows - so they are blank. After doing that, I restarted the latest version of FileZilla (3.65.0).

I then reconnected to the server using the Quickconnect (again, as I have done dozens of times over the years)

And...no joy. Once again - all files fail to transfer, even though I gave the replacement gallery a new name so that could not be an issue. And when I click on the Index on my local drive Firefox opens up the gallery as I expect it to look - everything is there.

I have pasted the last couple of files worth of error messages here - I can see that it first attempt to upload from the local folder (named Website Project galleries)..and I can see where it says (or seems to day) there is no such file or directory called Supermoon - and yet from the screenshot you can see that indeed that is the name of the folder I set up on my local disk. Again, I have been doing the same thing for years now, and I cannot figure out why it is failing.

So can someone tell me what I have missed? Is there someplace that a cache or something has possibly been corrupted?No doubt this is a simple thing (like right-click to get the clear queue menu, but until I read that here I did not figure it out as it is not particularly intuitive)

TIA for any help you can give this lost soul...

Status: Starting upload of /Users/RobertFately/Desktop/Website Projects galleries/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb/20230829-Moonrise--93-Edit.jpg
Command: CWD /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb
Response: 550 Can't change directory to /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb: No such file or directory
Command: SIZE /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb/20230829-Moonrise--77-Edit.jpg
Response: 550 Can't check for file existence
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (208,109,63,31,196,31)
Command: STOR /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb/20230829-Moonrise--77-Edit.jpg
Response: 553 Can't open that file: No such file or directory
Error: Critical file transfer error
Command: CWD /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb
Response: 550 Can't change directory to /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb: No such file or directory
Command: SIZE /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb/20230829-Moonrise--93-Edit.jpg
Response: 550 Can't check for file existence

screenshot of FIleZilla window showing directories etc.
screenshot of FIleZilla window showing directories etc.
Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 6.49.21 PM.jpg (314.28 KiB) Viewed 3008 times
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (208,109,63,31,195,181)
Command: STOR /projects/SuperMoon/content/images/thumb/20230829-Moonrise--93-Edit.jpg
Response: 553 Can't open that file: No such file or directory
Error: Critical file transfer error

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: everything fails!

#2 Post by botg » 2023-09-04 07:28

Try flushing the directory cache. It's Ctrl+F5 (dunno if Ctrl is named Ctrl on macOS keyboards, try various modifier keys). Alternatively restart FileZilla, that also flushes the cache.