set up the filezilla on a linux-machine- with data derived fom a win-machine - duuuuh

Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

openSuseman
226 Transfer OK

set up the filezilla on a linux-machine- with data derived fom a win-machine - duuuuh

#1 Post by openSuseman » 2023-09-28 14:55

hi there - goodday

i have a windows machine that i use for years now. _on this machine i have a ftp-client. At the moment i want to setup a filezillaclient on my notebook which runs no Linux.
so i have to set up the FileZilla - Client on a new installed Notebook - how to proceed?

well - sure thing i could just follow the two steps:

Step 1: Install
Step 2: Just use it.

note: i have a XML-file here: well if i have this xml dataset - that is derivde from a filezilla that lies on a windows machine:
but wait: well i have to add some xml-data -/key file) i guess

Code: Select all

<Setting name="FTP Proxy password" />
	<Setting name="FTP Proxy login sequence" />
	<Setting name="SFTP keyfiles">C:\Users\foo\Documents\_data_\keys\_webserver_\priv_serverkey</Setting>
	<Setting name="SFTP compression">

note: i think that the file itself was imported by PuTTY/Pageant years ago? FileZilla recognizes such keys, then, for them being stored in the Registry..

well i think that i have to import the xml-file.
is this all i have to do to make the FileZilla working?
therefore i head hover over to the public key authentifzierung
In order to support public key authentication, FileZilla must know the private keys to use.

but plz imagine i want to use filezilla on a linux - notebook - there i need to make some things new -

imagine - the paths do not fit - i swith form a windows machine to linux.

we do not have such paths like mentioned above.
what should be done here!

well this drives me nuts

'update: Alternatively, you can use putty's pageant to manage your keys PageAnt is recognized by Filezilla - should I do this via that if necessary!

openSuseman
226 Transfer OK

Re: set up the filezilla on a linux-machine- with data derived fom a win-machine - duuuuh

#2 Post by openSuseman » 2023-09-28 19:17

hello dear FileZilla-Friends

update: found out something else: So I noticed that my FileZilla client on a Linux notebook has a path like this:

Code: Select all

home/martin/server/keys/_webserver_/priv_serverkey
Of course I get along better with that. So I will

a. take the key here - and transfer it to the other one (new NB to be set up) and
b. If necessary, generate the XML file via export, which then also "takes" the path with it ... but that wouldn't be necessary in my opinion.
- because I can then import it again on the new NB - and nat. also the Priv key as well..