Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

Nineoc
500 Command not understood
First name: Wayne
Last name: Paquin

Where did my files go?

#1 Post by Nineoc » 2023-12-11 18:49

Hello, first time user here. When attempting to retrieve files from web host server to restore website in Dreamweaver, files did apparently transfer from server, BUT....I have no idea where they went, AND there appear to be files, mainly images, that are showing as possibly uploaded to the server in the very bottom window of the Filezilla control panel. I do not understand the purpose of this window.

Under the Server/Local file column heading it shows what appears to be an emasil address that has nothing to do (as far as I know) with my destination website. I have several websites on this server, and the
email contains the name of one of the other sites. Below that there is a list of 3000 files.

Under the Direction column heading, there is an arrow pointing to the right.

Under the Remote file column heading it lists the following /public/PhotoAlbums/Desk... This is the same for all the files in this column.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here, and if these files are indeed in the public folder of the server somewhere, how do I remove them.

To complicate matters, I am not very tech savvy, so I hope anyone responding to my query will be able to take that into consideration.

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Where did my files go?

#2 Post by botg » 2023-12-11 19:50

They downloaded to whatever the selected local directory was at the time of adding the files to the queue.

Nineoc

#3 Post by Nineoc » 2023-12-11 20:37

Thank you. Can you tell me what that lower window is for, as it is full of files and I do not understand what it means.

boco
Contributor

#4 Post by boco » 2023-12-12 00:51

In the default layout, at the bottom is the Transfer queue. It has three tabs:

Queued files - Files that have been queued up but not yet transferred. If your files are listed here, they cannot be anywhere as no transfer has actually taken place. The queue processing can be started by 1. the Process queue button in the taskbar, or 2. CTRL+P, or 3. selecting "Process queue" from the Transfer menu.

Failed Transfers - Files that failed to transfer due to errors, can be examined and deleted or re-queued from here. This tab will be cleared when closing FileZilla.

Successful Transfers - History of successfully transferred or skipped items. Also cleared on FileZilla close.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

Nineoc

#5 Post by Nineoc » 2023-12-12 02:27

That is great news. I was concerned that they had been placed somewhere.

Many thanks to all who responded. Keep up the great work.

haseebalam
First name: haseeb
Last name: alam

#6 Post by haseebalam » 2023-12-12 10:49

FileZilla typically go to a default directory on your computer. Check FileZilla's default local directory in settings to find this location. The files listed in FileZilla's bottom window are likely in the transfer queue, showing what's being uploaded or downloaded.
The email address under server/local file might indicate a directory on your server. The arrow in direction shows transfer direction, right-pointing means from local to server. If you need to remove files from the server's public folder, use FileZilla to navigate to /public/photoalbums/desk and delete them.