Moderator: Project members

clarelondon
500 Command not understood
First name: Clare
Last name: Fischer

Just wanted to congratulate the developers

#1 Post by clarelondon » 2008-09-14 02:40

Hi

I want very much to send a big congratulations to the developers of filezilla. It is about 10 times as good as anything I've used before.

I've been using Smart FTP for the last year as it was free. It worked ok. Then they started charging and I looked around for another.

As I'm currently writing a site in Dreamweaver, I thought I might as well upload direct from that, but spent hours trying to figure out to upload direct. Nightmare. Beats me. [throws hands in air]

In some desperation I went looking in the open source community, found a few, tried this one as it had good reviews.

Literally within about 10 seconds of installing it everything was set up and my files were uploading. After the despair trying to get Dreamweaver to do the same I was amazed, grateful - and fell deeply in love with Filezilla, naturally. [grin]

It's instantaneous - Smart used to take ages to upload.
It overwrites beautifully.
The interface is stable. It's far easier to keep the directory in one place and get the files you want without having to scroll up and down and reopen directories as I had constantly to do with Smart.

I won't go on, but it is so superior to all the other ones I've tested out I wouldn't dream of using anything else.

Many congratulations and thanks.

:D

Clare