Come here to discuss FileZilla and FTP in general

Moderator: Project members

supertrucker
500 Command not understood
First name: Andrew
Last name: Diamond

Issues with Filezilla - Did not issue Bug Report

#1 Post by supertrucker » 2008-10-01 14:13

First issue I believe is a bug, although perhaps it was intentional. Let's say I upload a new somename.php file to my server. This is common, as I keep a template for new pages on my PC, and upload them to the server after I've named them. I browse through the file window and there is NO somename.php file. I have to manually refresh the directory on my server to see the new file. I can deal with this, but it is a mild nuisance. But, however, let me say that the fact that the directory remains on the screen even after the server disconnects is a definite plus! However, it should refresh after a new file is uploaded to the server.

Second issue is actually a request. When you double click a file in the local folder, it opens, ie, notepad.exe on my local. If I double click say index.php on my server, it downloads it. Here's what I expect to happen: If I double click a file, I expect it to open it with whatever application is associated with that extension, i.e., .php files, as I specified in FileZilla, should open with ConText. This, rather than having to right click and select view/edit for on-the-fly updates.

I've been using FileZilla for quite a little while now and this is the first I've actually put out a bug report and request. Congrats to the developers and thank you for such a wonderful program. It's great!

All the best,

Supertrucker