Dreamweaver CS4 upload, what is FTP host? host directory

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

sharoncneveu
500 Command not understood
First name: sharon

Dreamweaver CS4 upload, what is FTP host? host directory

#1 Post by sharoncneveu » 2010-02-21 14:45

Hi, I’m using Dreamweaver CS4 to upload a revised site to Filezilla, which had been previously uploaded from Publisher. In the Dreamweaver Site Definition for WebSite Advanced tab, using Remote Info, what do I put in for: FTP host (my root folder?) and Host directory? I have the Login and Password (nazarex.org) thanks, sharon

wdf2020
500 Command not understood

Re: Dreamweaver CS4 upload, what is FTP host? host director

#2 Post by wdf2020 » 2011-11-01 09:24

sharoncneveu wrote:Hi, I’m using Dreamweaver CS4 to upload a revised site to Filezilla, which had been previously uploaded from Publisher. In the Dreamweaver Site Definition for WebSite Advanced tab, using Remote Info, what do I put in for: FTP host (my root folder?) and Host directory? I have the Login and Password (nazarex.org) thanks, sharon
The FTP host address usually starts with ftp so maybe ftp.nazarex.org but sometimes a different address is used (you'll have to check with your web host) and, as for the Host directory that could be any number of options such as '/public_html', '/www', '/htdocs', or even '/' (but '/' is only usually used when it's configured like that in your FTP user account)