Uploading image to webhost

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

primal
500 Command not understood
First name: Martin
Last name: Ktothei

Uploading image to webhost

#1 Post by primal » 2010-04-11 22:29

Hey :)

I'm currently trying to upload a picture to a website I'm making. When I upload it through the webhotel's filemanager it limits the maximum resolution of the image to 640x465. I got in touch with the webhotel's support, and they said to use filezilla, because this would upload the picture to the server in its original resolution. That was correct. The image uploaded is in its original size. However, when I want to insert the image, I get a window popping up (see attachment). Is it because I use filezilla in a wrong way, or is this strictly because of limitations from the webhotel's side?

If the latter, I find it odd since I've paid for hosting, including 10000MB of storage.

Suggestions?
Attachments
Screenshot uploader.jpg
Screenshot uploader.jpg (212.68 KiB) Viewed 3579 times

boco
Contributor

Re: Uploading image to webhost

#2 Post by boco » 2010-04-12 08:00

This message has nothing to do with FileZilla or FTP. This looks like a limitation in the website building tool. If you write the HTML yourself, you can link your images, whatever size they may be.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

primal
500 Command not understood
First name: Martin
Last name: Ktothei

Re: Uploading image to webhost

#3 Post by primal » 2010-04-12 08:21

Went into html editor and ctrl f'ed the name of the picture. It had recieved a prefix which needed to be erased. HTML errors was most certainly the case :)