Fz reports more files used than I can find...

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

Pete of Ebor
500 Command not understood
First name: Pete
Last name: Walker

Fz reports more files used than I can find...

#1 Post by Pete of Ebor » 2010-04-18 09:07

First off - I'm a bit of a newbie at all thus HTML stuff. I've put up a simple webpage - nothing spectactlar - and use FZ to upload the pages & photos. I can use a web-based uploader provided by my ISP but it's rubbish. It's slow and can only upload one file at a time (load the IPS's webpage - browse to the file to be uploaded - hit upload - then reload webpage again for the next file.. and so on etc) so Fz is infintely better. Problem is that when I log in through Fz, even if I delete all the files from my webspace, Fz still reports that I've used 23% of my allocation, as did FTPX when I tried it. No files appear on the remote pane, and my IPS webpage also reports that I've used nothing... I've even used the rubbish IPS webpage to delete everything but still Fz reports this 23%... How can I find these files and how can I delete them ?

botg
Site Admin
First name: Tim
Last name: Kosse

Re: Fz reports more files used than I can find...

#2 Post by botg » 2010-04-18 09:22

Fz still reports that I've used 23% of my allocation, as did FTPX when I tried it.
Actually no, FileZilla cannot report how much space you are using. It is your server that reports this.

Something's wrong with your server. Either it does not know how to count or it does not show you all files. Either way, it's broken. You need to contact your server administrator.