trying to figure out how to find code on WordPress template

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

itaintyou
500 Command not understood
First name: dakota
Last name: James

trying to figure out how to find code on WordPress template

#1 Post by itaintyou » 2010-05-29 21:15

I am a real new newbie to Filezilla..My brother set up Filezilla for me, and he showed me a way where I can change the css to a WordPress template, I totally forgot what he showed me..Can or does anyone know how to help me or know what I'm talking about..Ive looked through a lot of the post and can't find anything like it..Help??

boco
Contributor

Re: trying to figure out how to find code on WordPress templ

#2 Post by boco » 2010-05-30 03:05

The problem you're having has nothing to do with FileZilla and FTP. FTP is for transferring files, it doesn't care where or what you transfer. You should best ask in a WP support forum.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

moore478
First name: John
Last name: Moore

#3 Post by moore478 » 2010-05-31 19:48

itaintyou wrote:I am a real new newbie to Filezilla..My brother set up Filezilla for me, and he showed me a way where I can change the css to a WordPress template, I totally forgot what he showed me..Can or does anyone know how to help me or know what I'm talking about..Ive looked through a lot of the post and can't find anything like it..Help??
You can use filezilla to download the css file from your WP site then edit the file at your pc and re upload the change file. To do it, login to your server and get your css file at your theme directory. root/wp content/themes/"your theme name", there you can find your css file. Download, edit and upload it. Be sure to have a back up copy of your original css file before uploading the new one, just in case you have to revert back to your original css.

imseobali
First name: imseobali
Last name: joe

#4 Post by imseobali » 2010-06-12 02:13

the css file inside of your wp theme, it's name is style.css. You can edit it using notepad, save any changes and then upload it using filezilla ftp.