Can html files be edited in FileZilla before uploading

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

Jimw1
500 Command not understood
First name: Jim
Last name: Wheeler

Can html files be edited in FileZilla before uploading

#1 Post by Jimw1 » 2012-01-05 19:25

I feel like a lost ball in tall weeds. I'm new to IM all together so I am working a Clone campaign. The files come to me in a Zip file and the html file has to be edited with my own Aweber html. My sponsor uses CoolHandle hosting which allows you to upload the file then edit it with the correct Aweber html. I use Go Daddy which doesn't allow the editing. They said it has to be edited before uploading through FZilla. Can html files be edited in FZilla or does it have to be done before connecting to FZilla. When I extract the file in Windows XP, it places it in a notepad document giving it a txt extension instead of html. Now I can edit the file but not sure how to get it to the right format for uploading. Do I just drag and drop the txt file or what?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

DesignFluxx
421 Kicked by Administrator
First name: Leighton
Last name: Smith

Re: Can html files be edited in FileZilla before uploading

#2 Post by DesignFluxx » 2012-08-13 17:35

I'm not sure if FileZilla allows for html editing in directly, however if you download the html file like you have been you can edit it using a free code editor such as Notepad++ or Sublime text 2. Just visit one of these sites, download and install the editor, once this is installed you can download the file from FileZilla right click on it and choose "open with" and then choose the code editor you selected, and if that editor is not listed as one of the choices it should give you the availability to browse for the program on your computer. Once you have the file in the code editor you can make your edits and then go to "file">"save as", and then click the drop down to save and choose .html, or you can type it in after the file name, ex: "example.html", and click save.
I hope this was helpful for your problem.
Last edited by boco on 2012-08-13 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Had to remove URLs because both pages contain trackers (NP++: Google+, SublimeText2: Google Analytics. Links to pages containing trackers are not allowed.

Host.co.in

#3 Post by Host.co.in » 2012-09-08 19:50

Yes, .html files can be edited in Filezilla, while opening the file you need to right click and select 'view edit' this will enable you to make the changes and save them.

friv10games
First name: Dao
Last name: Uyen

#4 Post by friv10games » 2012-10-08 07:55

Yes, .html files can be edited in Filezilla. I tried