Problems publishing

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

shamrock
500 Command not understood
First name: Marie
Last name: McKeen

Problems publishing

#1 Post by shamrock » 2012-02-03 15:25

Hi,

I am a mac user, OS X version 10.5.8 I use iWeb and have published my site through MobileMe.
As Apple will no longer provide hosting, I have purchased services with goDaddy.
GoDaddy suggested that I use Filezilla to transfer my files.
When all was done, and my site published with goDaddy, I found that two of my pages are unreadable. The background is black. You can see the print, but against the black background, it cannot be read.
GoDaddy says that they cannot help with this problem.
The site is currently published with MobileMe as well as goDaddy. There is no problem with MobileMe.
This is very frustrating. I have to get this worked out soon. anyone have any ideas?

DesignFluxx
421 Kicked by Administrator
First name: Leighton
Last name: Smith

Re: Problems publishing

#2 Post by DesignFluxx » 2012-08-13 17:25

I'm not for certain what the problem could be, but if it is not go daddy or mobileme, then it is probably a browser error. Not all browsers support certain features of css, and it sounds like you're having a styling error. Is it just one browser that this is happening in? or is it all browsers? If this is the problem then apply the appropriate css to your stylesheet, you can generate code that would make your css compatible with all browsers by pasting your css into Prefixr (http://prefixr.com).
I hope this helps, or fixes your problem.
Last edited by boco on 2012-08-13 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made URL unclickable as target site contains ads and trackers.

douglas78
First name: Douglas
Last name: Stiller

#3 Post by douglas78 » 2012-10-08 12:09

shamrock wrote:Hi,

I am a mac user, OS X version 10.5.8 I use iWeb and have published my site through MobileMe.
As Apple will no longer provide hosting, I have purchased services with goDaddy.
When all was done, and my site published with goDaddy, I found that two of my pages are unreadable. The background is black. You can see the print, but against the black background, it cannot be read.
The site is currently published with MobileMe as well as goDaddy. There is no problem with MobileMe.
This is very frustrating. I have to get this worked out soon. anyone have any ideas?

Hi , I think it is because of GoDaddy, i had problems with them before too
<Signature removed, it is not allowed here due to forum rules>

LakeyC

#4 Post by LakeyC » 2013-08-05 20:58

douglas78 wrote:
shamrock wrote:Hi,

When all was done, and my site published with goDaddy, I found that I needed two fillings from a Malvern Dentist The background is black. You can see the print, but against the black background, it cannot be read.
This is very frustrating. I have to get a working TF2 Aimbot from a hack website and it worked out soon. anyone have any ideas?

Hi , I think it is because of GoDaddy, i had problems with them before too
Just wanted to say, been having the same problem - turned out to be a browser issue! :)