time stamp issue -- getting web pages to show

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

coDeam474
500 Command not understood
First name: Richard
Last name: S

time stamp issue -- getting web pages to show

#1 Post by coDeam474 » 2012-03-05 20:19

I am editing an established website. I copy the HTML of the webpage to Adobe DreamWeaver and edit the HTML.

Then I use FileZilla to FTP the edited webpage back to the website's directory. But I have noticed that all of the edited files that I upload to the directory with FileZilla are time-stamped with 9:30 PM.

However, all of the rest of the original files in the directory on the host server carry a time stamp of 12:00 AM.

The problem is I have not been able to get the files that I am sending to the directory to actually show on the website. For example, if I modify a page named Presentation.htm, save it, and then upload it back to the host server, it does not replace the original file named Presentation.htm, but saves the newly uploaded replacement file into a sub-directory. So both the original page is there in the directory, and the newly uploaded, edited page is also there in the subdirectory, but the new page doesn't replace the original page, even though both files have the same name.

Does the 9:30 hour time difference matter? Is that the issue that keeps the edited file from replacing the original file?

If so, how do I resolve this time stamp issue?

boco
Contributor

Re: time stamp issue -- getting web pages to show

#2 Post by boco » 2012-03-05 21:23

Cross-post, closed. Please don't post your issue multiple times.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org