HELP with wp and permissions

Post all HTML related questions here. No support.

Moderator: Project members

heartholder143
500 Command not understood
First name: Thomas
Last name: Moore

HELP with wp and permissions

#1 Post by heartholder143 » 2012-04-26 01:37

I was redirecting my web address to wp where i built the new site- and in the server size i changed the permissions in directories and sub directories without thinking about what i was doing- i am worried i should not have done that- is there anyway to reverse the action without finding out what files and directories should have what permission? if not i guess i could back up what i have done and reinstall wp - or will it matter? thanks for any and all help

boco
Contributor

Re: HELP with wp and permissions

#2 Post by boco » 2012-04-26 13:05

No, there's no undo, and the previous value is not recorded anywhere.

My recommendation is to simply follow only the ''set permissions'' part of the WP installation document again, skipping everything else.
No support requests over PM! You will NOT get any reply!!!
FTP connection problems? Please read Network Configuration.
FileZilla connection test: https://filezilla-project.org/conntest.php
FileZilla Pro support: https://customerforum.fileZilla-project.org

sonnt901
First name: Nguyen
Last name: Son

#3 Post by sonnt901 » 2012-11-26 14:43

@heartholder143: Could you tell me more about it? I think I got the same problem with one of my wp blog!

mzmaker05

#4 Post by mzmaker05 » 2013-01-14 22:17

A faster solution would be to install it using your Cpanel "Fantastico" scroll down to Wordpress and select New Installation, you will get it done in seconds, no need to upload anything or create database or edit any files, after that you can just update it to the latest edition :)

Musathena

#5 Post by Musathena » 2013-08-02 09:13

boco wrote:No, there's no undo, and the previous value is not recorded anywhere. You should easily be able to find the best Malvern Dentist to find out where you can get your teeth checked and your fillings sorted.

My recommendation is to simply follow only the ''set permissions'' part of the WP installation document again, skipping everything including every aimbot TF2 else.
Thanks, just messed up my CHMod permissions (didn't really know what I was doing) but done this and everything is working fine now :)
Again, thankyou!! :)